Monday, March 14, 2016

A New Toy!

We started out last week with a bang.  At a bridal shower for my second cousin, all three girls were in sort of physical bang up.  Tierney fell and hit her head on the floor, Alora tripped and fell, and Ezri slid off a scooter and smashed her face into the floor, resulting in a bloody nose, bit and swollen lip. Guess I should stick to home!
 The weather has become quite lovely, hitting 50's and even low 60's.  While Daddy was gone on Tuesday, the girls and I played outside.  Mid-morning they spotted the trampoline they had received for Christmas in the shed and began asking if we could put it together.  At first I was hesitant, but then figured I had helped put mine together as a child and that it shouldn't be that hard.  We could at least get the main part together, right?

Well, not quite as easy as the one I grew up with, because this one had lots of different parts due to the net that also attaches.  But, between the girls and I, we muscled the frame together before lunch.
 Since it was so nice outside, we decided we should have our first picnic of the year!
 After lunch, we kept working on the trampoline.  But 2 we had it assembled and the girls were beside themselves with excitement as they hopped on for the first time!
 I had planned to  stop there and wait for Daddy's help with the net and supports, but after watching the neighbor girls circle like vultures and seeing my girls jumping, I decided to get working on it.  With a little help from Daddy when he got home later in the afternoon, we finished assembling the trampoline - just in time for the neighbor girls to drift over, of course.  Thus began new rules for our yard and a conversation with them and their parents.

Daddy and Mommy took their share of time jumping with the girls, and we had such fun!
 The trampoline has been in use nearly every day since assembly, and that is the first thing they want to do each morning now.  They sure do go to bed tired after playing on it all day!

Our week was full of school, a visit with Great Grandma, lots of time playing outside and just our usual chaos.  One night, Tierney decided to let herself out of the high chair.  In the time it took me to take her plate and dirty tray from her and bring it to the kitchen, she stood up and managed to fall out, landing on the floor in a thud.  She cried so loudly it brought Daddy in from outside and Uncle Andy up from the basement in addition to making this Mommy rush back into the dining room. She scraped up her little face and ended up with a black eye as the week progressed.

Saturday, the girls and I braved the mall with Grandma to look for dress shoes for church.  We finally found some for all three after looking for quite some time.  The girls were done, I was done, and we were ready for lunch after those 2 hours of shopping.  So, a quick meal at the food court and of course a ride on the carousel!
 Then we went home and played on the trampoline!  Way more fun and exciting than shopping for sure!
 We ended the week with some very tired girls.  Time changed on us, and even though we spent the week trying to adjust schedules gradually, the girls were tired and sluggish on Sunday . Tierney, who rarely sleeps anymore, was a big snuggle bug much of Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment